Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Season's Change

I have told you guys why I love football.  I provided you with detailed information on my love of the game.  I am a little sad that the season is coming to a close... soon the bowl games will be played ... I'll have to resort to watching pro football and the playoffs.

The joy that gets me through this... well, its the next season that is coming.  That's right... AWARD SHOW SEASON!



I ell oh vee ee, love it.  The Golden Globes are January 17.  Its my season opener.  And yes, just like football season... I throw watch parties.  I make you wear a formal, there is betting and by God... you don't talk during the presentations.  I mean you talk all you want during technical presentations.  But if you talk during Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting.... you get the idea... if you think you'll need to talk during those - don't bother coming over.

Now starts my season of going to the movies every Sunday morning to see all the nominated movies.  Now starts the detailed debates with Marla, Carolyn and Karen.  The debates over movies in Carolyn's kitchen over a bowl of queso and an daquiri.

The Academy Awards ... March 7.  Some jackasses are going to want to watch basketball.  That's for pansies.  This is serious competition and the stakes are high. 

Though I will admit two things.  I am not nearly as loyal to my pick for movie of the year as I am to the Texas Longhorns.  And I am pretty sure that Twilight and New Moon aren't going to get any nominations... unless Jacob gets one for most improved abs.  That's a vote I think we can all agree on.

No comments:

Post a Comment