Monday, October 5, 2009

Its Not Like You're a Phi Beta Kappa

My father was a poet.  Not literally, no one named Bubba would have ever been accepted in literary circles.  But I spent the first 16 years of my life being educated by a man with colloqial wisdom that truly bordered on poetry.  For those of you that knew him, you know exactly what I mean... a few little samples from the wisdom of Bubba Woodard.

  1. What, Sherry, you think your shit doesn't stink like the rest of the worlds?
  2. Referring to his two beautiful daughters:  Snotty little curtain climbers.
  3. That dog just ain't gonna hunt.
  4. Sherry, you are not the only pebble on the beach.
  5. In response to something I MIGHT have said that was less than intelligent:  Well, its not like you're a Phi Beta Kappa.
For YEARS, I had no idea what a Phi Beta Kappa was.  And in case you don't... its some kind of honor fraternity for truly brillant people.  And my dad was right, it wasn't like I was a Phi Beta Kappa.  And here is the point of my story today.  I actually know a Phi Beta Kappa.  Yup.  I am even related to him now.  My sister married a genius. 



Today, I wanted to tell you guys a little something about my brother in law.  He's a badass.  He is the nicest, kindest human being I know.  During my sister's wedding I was really sick.  A couple days after the wedding I actually had my gall bladder removed.  Eric was traumatized that I didn't get to eat the tenderloin and seabass at the event.  I thought he was going to cry when they brought my two course of soup.  I don't think any other member of my family even noticed. 

Eric is also a badass lawyer.  This kind, gentle giant is tough, too.  The reason I want to tell you about him is because my boy Eric is busting his ass right now for a trial and I couldn't be prouder!  So now my prayers go like this:

Dear Baby Jesus, thank you for Mack Brown and Colt McCoy's arm.  Please give Eric wisdom and look over my mom, my sister and my future husband.  But most of all, thank you for Will Muschamp.

So, really the point of this blog is to introduce you one my heros, and someone I respect more than I could articulate.  Todays blog is dedicated to the Phi Beta Kappa that was smart enough to marry my sister.

Go get 'em Eric!


1 comment:

  1. What a great post!! I am the luckiest woman on earth. Fantastic lawyer, devoted husband, my very best friend, and yes, a Phi Beta Kappa. Wouldn't Daddy just have been over-the-top happy to know that this wonderful guy is also uber-capable of putting a roof over my head ... and taking car of my car ... and taking care of me when I am sick ... and .. and ... the list goes on. I hear he has a pretty awesome sister-in-law, too.

    ReplyDelete