Friday, October 16, 2009

Well, I Believe....

Well, I believe in the power of prayer.  In Cowboy boots, songs on repeat, and putting your feet up on your desk.  I believe in sitting on counters and smiling at strangers.  I believe in the power of a song.  I believe in Willie Nelson and I believe my mama loves me.  I still believe in butterflies and beautiful blue eyes.  I believe in myself.  I believe in you.  I believe in Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley. 

Well, I believe in getting tucked into bed.  In singing hymns, winks from across the room and pick up trucks.  I believe in saying "I Love You" and lazy Sundays on the couch.  I believe the best sound in the word is the sound of a screen door slamming.  I believe my mom's Gumbo is the best and my grandma's dressing is the best. And I believe that running laps is pointless... you end up where you started.

Well, I believe we all have a purpose.  In slow dancing, watching the rain and flirting.  I believe in making people laugh.  I believe we all need a shoulder to cry on and that Scooter's is mine.  And I really, truly believe that the man that makes me snort laughing is the man I want to be with.

And, well, finally, since its October... well, I believe that OU still sucks.  Hook 'em Horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment