Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year's

I really, really like the New Year.  I love making lists and setting goals and saying all those wonderful things I am going to do.  Like maybe put away my laundry from last week.  You see the key is make your resolutions simple... like to put away your laundry that your mom did for you when you took it home over Christmas in trash bags. So that way, once you do it... you can mark it off your list and 2010 will already be a success.

So, New Year's Resolution #1... put away the laundry that my mommy did for me.  Its the first thing I will do tomorrow. 

Bridget Jones... one of the coolest chicks I know... says it best
 "I do think New Year's resolutions can't technically be expected to begin on New Year's Day, don't you? Since, because it's an extension of New Year's Eve, smokers are already on a smoking roll and cannot be expected to stop abruptly on the stroke of midnight with so much nicotine in the system. Also dieting on New Year's Day isn't a good idea as you can't eat rationally but really need to be free to consume whatever is necessary, moment by moment, in order to ease your hangover. I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second."
I totally concur... you see one of things I wanted to do was make sure I posted a blog starting on the first and that I was more consistent.  Its now the third, so I've already f-ed up that resolution.   Instead my first day of 2010 included the following statement, out loud, from me, spoken in front of people ... "This is a truly horrible idea.  But I am gonna do it anyway."  And I did.  It was a ton of fun. 

However, as a result,  my 2010 has consistented of laying on the couch watching NCIS mararthons, every conceivable bowl game, and 2 movies... cause anything else made me sick to my stomach.

So I've decided that all my goal setting, resolution making, ways to improve me... etc... well, those can all start tomorrow. I've got the day off anyway.

Happy New Year to my adoring public... my true hope for this year is that this ridiculous little blog takes off and I can sell it for a zillion dollar book deal... and then buy you all one of those little umbrella drinks when you come visit my villa on the beach.

Mazel Tov, my loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment