Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Grammar and Pearls

Good grammar like pearls is always appropriate.

That saying has been repeated to me almost daily my entire life by my loving mother, Sara Woodard, 8th Grade English, Renner Middle School.

As you read this, you'll see that I clearly didn't inherit her gift for knowing where the comma goes or when to use a semicolon. You see, every year except the 8th grade, my loving mother proofed my papers.

I can't bring myself to ask her to proof my blog entries. They are supposed to be stream of consciousness. Like Faulkner. I am the Faulkner of Blogs.

So, please forgive my errors, my misplaced commas and quotes. Simply love me for who I am....an exact replica of my mother with bad grammar but two sets of real pearls that I only wear for weddings and funerals.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to clear something up ... I believe the saying goes "Good grammar, like good manners and pearls, is always appropriate." Don't forget about your manners. Love the blogg sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your new blog.I'm your biggest fan in Columbus,Ms. I need all the entertainment I can get as there isn't that much here...
    Oh, I have a saying also...
    "Go Big or Go Home!" Some of my new friends here say I'm "Larger Than Life...LOL
    Luv ya..Kathy Howell

    ReplyDelete