Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sherry the Duck

There is a small part of me that thinks I should be a little bit embarassed to tell this story. But when I think about it, well, frankly, its makes me laugh.

Picture it Cedar Creek Lake, a couple of weeks ago

(bonus points to whomever gets that old school TV show reference)

We've anchored the pontoon boat in a lovely cove. There is another story here about how Al Sharpton watched us from a house on shore, but I'll save that for another time or let Margaret tell it - its her story, really. Anyway, back to all the girls floating in the lake. So I've got the pool saddle on and everyone else has their life jackets in the water and using them as seats. A few girls stayed on the boat.

Some background, I had mixed grape vodka with grape koolaid in a water bottle. It might be the elixir of the gods.

Holly is on the boat and gets out the chips and french onion dip. If you know me, you know french onion dip. So I paddle over to the side of the boat. Grab hold of the side with my floatie still attached and look up expectantly at Holly.

And the next thing is why she is one of my BFFs. She carefully dips the Baked Lays Ruffles Chip in the dip... creating the perfect scoop. She carefully reaches over the side rail of the boat.

I bob up and grab the perfect chip in my mouth.

Bob, Dip and Repeat.

Let me recap... lake, sun, pool saddle, vodka drink, chips and french onion dip.

It might have been the perfect Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment